Direct Support Professional II
Published on October 25, 2021
Location: Bradford, PA
General: Responsible to provide person-centered services to individuals with disabilities in a wide variety of programming areas to include but not limited to In-Home and Community, companion, vocational, community, employment, and adult training facilities.
Standard Schedule: Full-Time, 35-37.5 hrs./wk.; hours vary based on program needs.
Position Requirements: Ability to read and understand Individual Support Plans and schedules. Demonstrate written, verbal and organizational skills. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Strong decision-making skills. Must be dependable and flexible. Ability to work in a team environment with all levels of the organizations. Ability to apply basic first aid skills. Must have reliable transportation.
Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED; preferred a minimum of one years’ experience working in a direct care position or with individuals with disabilities; or a combination of education and experience.
Physical and Training Requirements: Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to stand, walk or kneel; the employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to travel. Required to complete twenty-four (24) hours of annual training to ensure compliance with State regulations. Must have a valid driver’s license. Required to pass a PA State Police criminal record history check and/or FBI criminal record history check if not a resident of PA. CPR certification, preferred. May be required to obtain physical and Mantoux (TB) skin test.
• Read and comprehend Individual Support Plans (ISP)
• Provide person-centered supports in site-based/community-based settings to participants as indicated by the ISP
• Ensure health and safety needs of participants
• May be required to attend annual ISP meetings and contribute to the development of a participant’s personal support plan as requested
• Promote community integration
• Accurately complete and submit required documentation per program regulations
• Report incidents per program regulations
• Assist participants with activities of daily living
• Ensure program area is organized and clean
• Instruct individuals in production procedures
• Maintain quality in all phases of production, including inspection and re-work
• Instruct individuals in production safety and see that safety procedures are observed at all times
• Work in cooperation with other community agencies, businesses, and providers as needed
• Maintain and enter attendance and wage form documentation
• Promote, maintain and model behavior that demonstrates respect for others and acknowledges the needs and rights of the participants we support
• Participate in professional development, staff meetings, and group conferences
• Ensure adherence to confidential, legal and company policies and procedures
• Maintain high professional standards at work with regard to personal behavior and interactions with other staff, individuals, families, businesses and outside agencies
• This job description may not be all-inclusive and duties may be modified when necessary; employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.