Director of Home and Community Based Services
Published on April 7, 2022
Location: Bradford, PA
General: Responsible for the overall direction of the In-Home and Community, Respite, and Companion services.
Standard Schedule: Full-Time, 8-4 p.m. (40 hours/week); hours may vary based on program needs.
Contact: Brittany Keck, SHRM-CP, Vice-President of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-368-4101 Ext. 211, Futures Rehabilitation Center, One Futures Way, Bradford, PA 16701
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in a human service field and/or 5 or more years’ experience in human services. Master’s degree and experience in a related field is preferred. Experience in a leadership role is preferred.
Position Requirements: Possess a strong working knowledge of all regulations pertaining to In-Home and Community, Respite, Companion services, as well as excellent written, verbal and organizational skills. Maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Personal qualifications include the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, deal with changing priorities, to interpret programs to the community, attention to detail, leadership, clinical knowledge, supervisor abilities, the ability to work in a team environment with all levels of the organization and the understandings of participants’ needs. Must have reliable transportation.
Physical and Training Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, lift up to 50 pounds and to reach with both hands and arms. May be required to travel. Must have a valid driver’s license. Required to pass a PA State Police criminal record history check and/or or FBI criminal record history check if not a resident of PA. Required to have ACRE/CESP and Quality Management certifications. Required to complete annual training each fiscal year in a total of (24) hours in various training categories to ensure compliance with State regulations.
- • Responsible for the overall coordination of person-centered services for all individuals within the In-Home and Community program
• Oversee the In-Home and Community Based operations to include quality of service delivery, compliance, and financial performance
• Supervise the following staff: Manager of Home and Community Based Services, Direct Support Professionals
• Supports the Agency’s scheduling and training requirements
• Assists in establishing and maintaining working relationships with community services, referral agencies, and support services to assure the provision of comprehensive, appropriate, person-centered supports to participants
• Offer guidance, support, dispute resolution and direction to participants as necessary
• Reports mandated incidents
• Prepare and submit performance evaluations
• Assists with licensing and programming audit
• Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information in connection with Agency business
• Promote, maintain and model behavior that demonstrates respect for others and acknowledges the needs and rights of the participants we support
• Work in cooperation with other community agencies, businesses and providers as needed
• Ensure adherence to confidential, legal, and company policies and procedures
• Participate in professional development, staff meetings, and group conferences
• Maintain high professional standards at work with regard to personal behavior and interactions with other staff, individuals, families, and outside agencies
• This job description may not be all-inclusive and duties may be modified when necessary; employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor